Latest Revision: December 5, 2013
What Personal Information Does Mellodi Collect?
The information Mellodi gathers from users of the Website (“customers”) enables Mellodi to personalize and improve our services and to allow our users to set up a user account. In connection with the Website and services, Mellodi requests and displays some personal information to other customers and visitors of the Website, which allows customers to identify each other. Mellodi collects the following types of information from our customers:
- Personal Information You Provide To Mellodi: Mellodi receives and stores any information you enter on our Website or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, user name, password, email address, photograph or other likeness, IP address, browser information and any other information you provide to us. You can choose not to provide Mellodi with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to interact with other customers, improving the content of the Website, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about specials and new features.
- Personal Information Collected Automatically: Mellodi receives and stores certain types of information whenever you interact with our Website or services. Mellodi automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. Generally, Mellodi’s service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. Mellodi only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables Mellodi to figure out how often customers use parts of the Website or services so that we can make the Website appealing to as many customers as possible, and improve those services. As part of this use of information, Mellodi may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use our site. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their services and our Website, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. Again, Mellodi does not disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
- E-mail Communications: Mellodi may receive a confirmation when you open an email from Mellodi if your computer supports this type of program. Mellodi uses this confirmation to help us make emails more interesting and helpful and improve our service. If you do not want to receive email or other communications from us, please send your request to email@example.com.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that Mellodi transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. Mellodi cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
Will Mellodi Share Any Of The Personal Information It Receives?
Personal Information about our customers is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information only as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: Mellodi is affiliated with a variety of businesses and works closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses sell items to you through Mellodi’s Website. In other situations, Mellodi provides services or sells products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business, if you have agreed to be solicited by marketing partners during the registration process.
- Agents: Mellodi employs other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and needs to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, Mellodi’s agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
- Customer Profiles: Customer profile information including customer’s name, email address and other information you enter (“User Submissions”) may be displayed to other customers to facilitate customer interaction within the Website. Email addresses are used to add new User Submissions to customer profiles and to communicate through User Submissions. Customers’ email addresses will not be directly revealed to other customers by Mellodi, except when the customer is "connected" to another customer via a shared group membership, or an invitation, or if the customer has chosen to include the customer’s email address in the customer’s profile. You may designate certain User Submissions as private, in which case they will not be displayed to other users.
- Communication In Response To User Submissions: As part of the Website and Services, you may receive from Mellodi email and other communication relating to your User Submissions. You acknowledge and agree that by posting such User Submissions, Mellodi may send you email and other communications that it determines in its sole discretion relate to your User Submissions.
- Protection Of Mellodi And Others: Mellodi may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, intellectual property rights, property, or safety of Mellodi, our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your Mellodi account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Mellodi endeavors to protect customer information to keep such information private, however, Mellodi cannot guarantee the security of customer information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of customer information at any time.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
Mellodi allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information. This list will change as our Website changes.
- E-mail address
- User profile information
What Choices Do I Have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information to use the Website and services, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain Mellodi features.
- You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the “What Personal Information Can I Access” section (section V) above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may designate certain User Submissions as private so that they are not shared with other users. Not all User Submissions may be designated as private.
- You may request deletion of your Mellodi account by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
Questions Or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at Mellodi or on the Mellodi Website, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.